Wednesday, December 2, 2009

West Point Is "the Enemy Camp" Says Chris Matthews

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, host of "Hardball," called West Point "the enemy camp" and "a strange venue." I saw the actual clip last night after the president's Afghanistan speech.

Here’s the actual quote:

"It seems like in this case, there isn't a lot of excitement. I watched the cadets, they were young kids - men and women who were committed to serving their country professionally it must be said, as officers. And, I didn't see much excitement. But among the older people there, I saw, if not resentment, skepticism. I didn't see a lot of warmth in that crowd out there. The president chose to address tonight and I thought it was interesting. He went to maybe the enemy camp tonight to make his case. I mean, that's where Paul Wolfowitz used to write speeches for, back in the old Bush days. That's where he went to rabble rouse the 'we're going to democratize the world' campaign back in '02. So, I thought it was a strange venue."

Liberal commentators slip every once in a while and give us a glimpse into how they are thinking. And it isn't pretty.

Maybe they weren't "warm" to the president's speech ... but West Point is not "the enemy camp."

Amazing that anyone would say this about the stronghold of training for leadership for our nation's primary fighting force ... especially when the speaker is the very Commander-in-Chief of those forces.

Apology required Mr. Matthews.