Saturday, March 16, 2013

February 21, 1969, from my mother to my sister Pat:

"Praise the Lord! I'm healed, my ulcer is completely healed …. No sign of ulcer, so no operation.… The report says healed in two places. Daddy is carrying [the report] around for a testimony.… God is good, we both know that from recent experience, don't we."

I've been reading some of the letters my mother sent to my sister who passed away last year, and I came across this unexpected gem. Mother had a terrible time with ulcers, until this! I had forgotten it. Makes me wonder how many of the amazing things I've seen God do have been forgotten. Thanks, Lord, for the reminder.

As I was typing this I felt that someone who will read it needs to hear it. If that is you, don't give up. Lord, I pray that your hope and healing will flow.