Sunday, March 27, 2016

Born This Day: Moses Gaumer (1829), Mary Cory Earle (1756)

It was interesting to find that Robert Earle, the great-great-grandson of Ralph Earle, my 9th-great-grandfather (thus, my third cousin, 7 times removed) married a Mary Cory on May 12, 1778. This Mary Cory was born on this day, March 27, in 1756, the daughter of Thomas and Abigail Cory, of Westport, Mass. My maternal grandmother's married name was Mary Corey.

Interestingly enough, there was also a Mary Earle Corey in the family. See my post for March 22, 2016.

That was on my mother’s side of the family. On my father’s side, on this day in 1829, Moses Gaumer was born. Our common ancestor was Johannes Dietrich Gaumer, my 6th-great-grandfather, Moses’ 2nd-great-grandfather. That makes Moses Gaumer my third cousin 4 times removed.