Saturday, October 27, 2007

Trip Part 2

Sat. 10-27-07 (past midnight starting the day)

Our Amsterdam-Barcelona flight was even worse. A large group of drunken Spaniards made the 2-hour flight very distasteful for all the other passengers. They were loud and raucous and we couldn’t hear anything. One woman’s high, loud piercing laugh just reverberated through the plane. They didn’t get caught passing their whiskey bottle around till near the end of the flight. But they were even more sauced then and wouldn’t do anything the flight attendants told them to.

This was probably my worse alcohol-affected flight since my flight to Uzbekistan when a rather large drunken Russian stole my missionary buddy Mark Hausfeld’s seat next to me, proceeded to imbibe every bottle of vodka on the plane, and fell asleep on my shoulder. I can still see Mark laughing as he looked back at my predicament. (By this time the Russian was snoring in my ear.)

Getting our luggage in Barcelona and getting to the hotel (Prestige Congress) were further harrowing experiences that left all my patience drained.

It was good to sit down with our friends who we’ll be with, Jim and Sherryl Ford, in the restaurant.

Peg’s already asleep and soon I will be, too.

She’s online, I’m not for some reason. Will post when can but probably not on ship. I’m downloading photos but will wait to add them.