Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Matt’s Evaluation

I recently had a first. As a supervisor at Assemblies of God headquarters, I fill out and sign a “Termination Evaluation” whenever one of our staff leaves our employ. The one I recently signed was the first one I’ve ever signed that listed the reason for termination as “death.”

Readers of our TPE blogs and Web site know that our longtime art director, Matt Key, was recently taken from us suddenly at the age of 49. I wish I never would have had to sign that form. But we must leave this in God’s hands and trust that He will bring good out of it and comfort grieving friends and family.

There was one section that, for the first time, I did not have to fill out—the section that ranks the outgoing employee in several areas. This section includes: ability, attitude, dependability, cooperation, quality of work, quantity of work, initiative, etc. I’d like to fill this out online for Matt.

Matt, you got the highest score in every category. You were a gift from God and we miss you.