Friday, October 3, 2008

Words About Matt

On this day after an amazing funeral, friends of Matt Key are connecting with their reactions.

Ashli O'Connell was our assistant editor at TPE for several years. We still consider her a part of the staff. She emailed me this morning:

"I hope that many others were inspired like me to start living my life better starting today. What an incredible man he was ... and we were blessed to work with him."

Amen, Ashli.

Jodi Harmon, our advertising coordinator, who has the longest tenure of any staff member sent this:

"After hearing again of Matt's love for missions yesterday, it was fitting when I realized his grave is next to an AG missionary..........C.W. Van Dolsen. (His son Warren and wife Laura are now missionaries in Italy. And Matt's last issue was on Europe.)"

There is a memorial website set up for Matt's friends to read and leave thoughts about him, www.mattkeywashere.com.