Saturday, September 29, 2007

Meet Danny and Martha Morales, Part 3

Photo: Danny and Martha Morales and boys with Dave and Brenda Roever

Danny's words, conclusion:

I grew up with a strong penchant for R&D and science. I was hired as an R&D Tech my senior year in high school in Massachusetts. Although I failed English and Chemistry my junior year after a bout of post-election depression, I went on to study both at Oral Roberts and then at the University of Arizona where I graduated with a BA in Biochemistry and a minor in English Literature (linguistic emphasis). I enlisted in the Navy in the Summer of 1998 and qualified to become a cryptologic interpreter before selecting for a pre-commissioning program. Before graduating from the U of A, I worked in research at the Arizona Cancer Center, technical editing with the USGS, Space Grant interning with NASA, and lab management at the Univerisity's Medical Center. I was commissioned as an Ensign as a meteorology and oceanography (METOC) officer in August 2001. Thankfully, the Navy METOC community encourages and leans heavily upon its innovative workforce to push the envelope of this warfighter-enabling science. Although its not my primary job as a METOC officer, I am always looking for ways to improve our processes, products, and services especially through cutting-edge and off-the-shelf technologies.

Outside of my full time job, my hobbies include looking for ways to help the Pentecostal movement, in particular the Assemblies of God, exploit the technology of the Internet. As an example, I recently helped two good friends of my parents, and our first friends on the island, Rev. Bill and Bonnie Lou Ashpole start their own blog. I have also created and populated several Wikipedia articles on the Assemblies of God and its ministries, all of which rank (for better or worse) high on search engine results. The Assemblies of God wiki article now has the most exhaustive list of links to fraternal members of the WAGF on the world wide web. My joy is to do this free of charge in gratitude for what the Assemblies of God has done for my family and the world. I hope these small measures somehow fan the flames of the Holy Spirit around the world for the glory of God.

(Ken's note: And, as I've said before, Danny has been hugely instrumental in the TPE and my personal blogs. He also started a Wiki article on TPE. Thanks, Danny. I appreciate you immensely!)